So as of 10 minutes ago, I am officially attending the Whole9 workshop at Crossfit Boston this weekend with seminar leaders, Melissa Urban and Dallas Hartwig. The seminar will be from 9-1pm, so that’s 4 SOLID hours of SOLID nutritional knowledge!! Yes, I am paying a solid amount of money to spend my Saturday learning about nutrition…and I couldnt’ be more excited!!
Here’s what the workshop has to offer:
- The good, bad and ugly side of how your food choices affect your metabolism, health and longevity
- How certain food groups are negatively impacting how you look, feel and perform, even if you don’t immediately notice their effects
- What you should be eating to look, feel and perform your best – and why you don’t really need to weigh and measure all your food to achieve excellent results
- A fool-proof meal planning template to help you manage meals, snacks and pre- and post-workout nutrition (including recommendations, examples and recipes)
- Discussion of common errors – ways to get it wrong when you’re doing everything right
- How to keep your nutrition plan on track during real life challenges, like traveling for work, dining out or family events
- The best way to incorporate “cheats” into your diet, enjoying the foods you really want without compromising your overall health and fitness goals
- And most importantly… how to break unhealthy patterns, habits and cravings related to food, and change the way you eat for the rest of your life in a healthy, balanced, satisfying and sustainable manner
Also, while you’re at it, check out Melissa’s blog. “Urban Gets Diesel“, and their webpage Whole9 Life. Can’t WAIT to be locked and loaded with tons of new knowledge that I can hopefully pass on to all of you!!! Can’t wait!