15 easy ways to increase the quality of your life!
1. Exercise at least 3 times a week
2. Eat a diet rich in vegetables, some fruit, meat, nuts and seeds
3. Journal daily
4. Count your blessings each day
5. Call at least one friend a week who makes you laugh 🙂
6. Speak in crazy accents
7. Dance…just because you can.
8. Listen to uplifting music…and sometimes Oldies radio 🙂
9. Have more potlucks, with healthy, healing foods and fun, healing people.
11. Drink LOTS of water (more specifically, half of your body weight in ounces)
12. Read books in spades!
13. Savor every sweet sip of your coffee…make it a gift, not a necessity.
14. Give and receive hugs, as often as you can.
15. Document your life, in pictures 🙂
14. Get dressed up, just to go out for wine in a snazzy spot 🙂
15. Get involved in something bigger than yourself.
I have not been completely honest with you all recently…
I haven’t been blogging much in the last week because I have hardly worked out (well, I worked out 3 times last week, but it was pretty half-assed). On Monday, I hurt myself doing pull-ups (has anyone else noticed they tend to hurt their back doing kipping pull-ups???). Last week I had hurt myself doing the same thing, and went right into another workout on Tuesday and was pretty much out of commission for the rest of the week, so this week I decided to take a break after I re-injured myself this Monday.
Since I am best when I am most honest…let me be honest with you. I’m feeling pretty pissed about Crossfit right now. I’m not pissed AT Crossfit obviously…just pissed about it (if that makes any sense at all). The stronger that I have gotten, the more I have the ability to hurt myself on a regular basis (thank GOD I have a great Chiropractor!!). I hurt myself doing pull-ups (this is definitely a form issue), and if I’m doing anything with weights. If I’m not ACTUALLY hurting myself, I’m nervous I’m going to, so I’m not GAINING any strength! I’m sure you can see why I’m feeling frustrated at this point. Let’s talk about the crappy TIMING of this recent frustration….
Crossfit cert in JANUARY!!!!
I’m not saying there is any threat of me not wanting to get certified anymore…I still love Crossfit, but in the last few weeks I have had quite a lackluster affection for it. It’s not nearly as exciting to walk into the gym having to THINK about whether I’m going to hurt myself or not…
So right now, just working on making sure that I’m keeping movement in my life, and trying not to go backward anymore than I have…
Practicing full cleans
150 double-unders for time: 6:34 🙂 My first 100 were done in 3:33!!! 🙂
Anyone have anything to add to the list of life changers? 🙂